Friday, May 1, 2009

My epic roadtrip across Japan!

Howdy all,

I moved from northern Hokkaido to the Detroit Motor City (when it was in its prime) of Japan, better known as Nagoya.

So the back story is, I moved to Japan as an English teacher. Anyone who has done this not with the JET program knows that it is probably the worst idea ever. I made terrible money and worked 6 to 7 days a week for 12 hours a day. I saved my what little money I made up and bought my Rolla (old pics here: http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15389 ).

I then started looking for a new job. Flew to Nagoya twice and got a job at a subsidiary of Toyota working on manuals. Much better pay, pretty sweet hours and I'm around car dorks all day. So, I packed everything I had into the back of my Levin and set off on the best road trip of my life!

The video is very terribly put together and quite long (17 minutes) but I mostly slapped it together quickly so I could show it to my parents back in America. Once I find a good 10 minute song that fits the tone of the video well I will re-edit and put up a shorter, better version.

The trip was 2200 km and I split it up over 5 days hitting every squiggly road I could find on the map. I couldn't help myself and I took off through Gunma and drove Irohazaka, Akagi, and Myogi! All in all an unbelievable trip and without a doubt the coolest thing I've ever done in my life!

Video on Vimeo:

Road Trip Across Japan from David Love on Vimeo.



Cheers!
David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers